The events of my travels to and from class and studying today were...indescribable. I know, it sounds uneventful, and to many it may seem that way, but I had an amazing experience traveling in my filthy car this morning (which by the way I am now embarrassed to even allow people next to it because it's so full of junk). Nonetheless, I really felt compelled/moved/burdened to listen to my Brook Hills worship cd on the way to UAB this morning, a cd that I buried in the closet months and months ago. So anyway, I got it out and put it in my cd player. As I was driving past the pond that is located at the front of my apartment complex, I noticed that like steam off a boiling pot, the fog was lifting off the pond as morning rays of sunshine bounced on the dark, glassy water. It was in that moment, looking at that glorious scene, that I heard the words of this song: "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, how awesome is the Lord most high. Lift your hands all you nations, Shout to God all Creation, How awesome is the Lord most high."
To say I was moved would be an understatement. It was incredible to see a glimpse, a mere speck, of his glory. I think so often I take those things for granted. I remember as a kid, riding to and from the mountains with my grandparents, listening to DC Talk's "Mind's Eye" and basking in the details of the trees and hillsides as we drove by. And I would think to myself, "man this is awesome. God's creation is so incredible, how can you look at the trees, at a single leaf, and not believe." So many times now, I look at those same things, and I miss it. I miss the beauty, the awe and wonder of God's creation. I miss the wonder of who He is too often, and it saddens me.
Today made me hopeful however. I'll admit that I have waivered. My faith has waivered. My life isn't picture perfect, and if you know me, you know that's definitely true. However, I do know that my heart is spoken for and the mere scenery and events that transpired this morning confirmed the verse from John 10:28-29 that states, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand."
No comments:
Post a Comment